Located in the middle of the Pyrenees chain, at the crossroads of the roads to Luchon and to Spain, Cierp-Gaud offers many touristic and sporting possibilities. The serenity of its environment and the calmness of its mountains, make Cierp-Gaud an ideal place for nature lovers.
At the entrance of a valley, at the confluence of the Pique and the Garonne, surrounded by the Peaks of the Gar, Burat and Hourmigué, with its rich past, Cierp-Gaud is a dynamic village, which looks towards the future. Gym, tennis, a lake, rock climbing, motorcycling, mountain biking, an adventure park, many walks and hiking trails, but also all shops and services
Library: Every Friday afternoon from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, Rue du Dr Vivès.
TO SEE TO DO
- The chateau of Cierp-Gaud, was constructed around 1591, but only the tower remains from this era. Two towers were added to the chateau in the 19th century
- The Sarrasine cave: access to this shelter which was probably used by the Mauras, when they were attacked, is difficult.
- A splendid view of the valleys of the Pique and Garonne
- The Montclar tower and the roman road
- The Soueste chapel, dedicated to Mary, was reconstructed in 1843
- The giant Sequoia tree of Cierp-Gaud, received the title Arbre Remarquable de France, in October 2015.